Useful links are published here to relevant general information from our network partners and beyond, regionally and globally, regarding COVID-19 policy and regulatory recommendations. These include respective technical guidance from the county-by-country government level, to public advice on appropriate measures to mitigate viral spread.
As this is an evolving situation, please bookmark and refer back to this page for updated information.
- Common European response to the coronavirus outbreak (European Commission). https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-travel-eu/health/coronavirus-response_en
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC). Covid-19 overview and outputs. https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/covid-19-pandemic
- The Joint Research Centre (JRC) COVID-19 In Vitro Diagnostic Devices and Test Methods database (https://covid-19-diagnostics.jrc.ec.europa.eu/). The database collects in a single place all publicly available information on performance of CE-marked in vitro diagnostic medical devices (IVDs) as well as in-house laboratory-developed devices, kits and related test methods for coronavirus SARS-CoV-2. The COVID-19 in vitro diagnostic medical devices part contains publicly available in vitro diagnostic medical devices for COVID-19 and it is being updated periodically.
- “COVID – Research to Policy Action” platform (hosted by the Health Policy Platform https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/hpf/) which aims to ensure the rapid contribution of relevant research findings to public health policy for the pandemic response in Europe. The platforms is dedicated to 5 projects funded through the January 2020 emergency call of Horizon 2020 (I-MOVE-COVID-19, RECOVER, HERoS, EpiPose and CORESMA), and allows secure exchange of information between their partners, ECDC and EC services (DG RTD, DG SANTE). Interested EUnetHTA partners are welcome to apply to get access to this platform.
- EU COVID-19 Convalescent Plasma database /EUCCP (https://ec.europa.eu/health/blood_tissues_organs/covid-19_en). An initiative from Commission services (DG SANTE, DG DIGIT) and the European Blood Alliance/EBA, the database allows for entering data from collections and transfusions of CCP used for treating patients with severed forms of COVID19 within fully structured and registered clinical trials (without interfering with the plans in these trials) and from monitored use outside these trials. It also ensures support for analysis and sharing of data.
- Dutch Horizon Scanning (in Dutch). Organised by the Dutch Healthcare Institute (ZIN), Horizon Scan Medicines is an integral, public and as objective as possible overview of which innovative medicines are expected on the market and their possible impact. https://www.horizonscangeneesmiddelen.nl
- McMaster Health Forum. Covid-19 Evidence Network to Support Decision-Making. https://www.mcmasterforum.org/networks/covid-end
|Country||Organisation||Description||Link to Publication|
|Ireland||Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA)||Rapid health technology assessment (HTA) of the alternatives to laboratory-based real-time reverse-transcription polymerase chain reaction (rRT-PCR) to diagnose current infection with severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2)||Rapid HTA of alternative tests to detect current infection with SARS-CoV-2|
|General||European Medicines Agency (EMA)||EMA’s safety committee (PRAC) has started a review of a safety signal to assess reports of acute kidney injury in some patients with COVID-19 taking Veklury (remdesivir).||Meeting highlights from the Pharmacovigilance Risk Assessment Committee (PRAC) 28 September - 1 October 2020 |
PRAC Reviews a sginal with Veklury
|General||International||Cross-country analysis of health system responses and key policy lessons.||World Health Organization + European Commission + European Observatory on Health Systems and Policies|
|UK||NICE||Working in collaboration, NICE and NIHR have produced advice on clinical evidence generation for developers of medicinal products to prevent or treat COVID 19.||Evidence collection guide for medicinal products to prevent or treat COVID-19|
|Ireland||HIQA||To inform national efforts in response to COVID-19, HIQA is developing evidence summaries to answer specific research questions posed by the National Public Health Emergency Team.||Evidence Summary for COVID-19 Clinical Samples|
|Ireland||HIQA||HIQA’s HTA team is supporting the National Public Health Emergency Team in its response to COVID-19.||Health Technology Assessments|
|Spain||AEMPS||Ensayos clínicos autorizados sobre COVID-19||Clinical researches overview|
|Spain||AEMPS||Estudios observacionales con medicamentos sobre la COVID-19||Observational studies overview|
|UK (Wales)||HTW||As the COVID-19 situation is rapidly changing, this page will be regularly updated with new information about the ways we’re working and services we offer.||Coronavirus (COVID-19)|
|UK (Wales)||HTW||This digest/quick guide contains links to pages on websites which collate or synthesize evidence relating to the COVID-19 pandemic.||COVID-19: Evidence digest|
|Ireland||HIQA||To inform the ongoing response to the Covid-19 pandemic, specifically, to inform the development of public health guidance to prevent the spread of Covid-19, HIQA has created a database of Covid-19 public health guidance produced by international organisations.||Database of public health guidance on COVID-19|
|Norway||NIPHNO||The main map gives an overview of all publications categorized according to publication type, population of interest and topic.||NIPH systematic and living map on COVID-19 evidence|